Job Search Resources
Check Out JobNow: A Free Online Job Coaching And Resume Assistance Tool!
By using JobNow you can receive live job coaching, real-time interview practice, full-service resume lab, 24/7 access to local job resources and more! You can also access a library of rich adult learning content (GED) and live professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, U.S. Citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills Series through JobNow’s Adult Learning Center. There are also Personalized eLearning Tools such as My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive and My Test Archive. There is a 24 Hour Writing Lab where you can submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback. You may submit homework questions for expert guidance, get live assistance from tutors in math, science, reading, writing, history, GED, and college placement tests. You may use the Skills-Building module to receive real-time help on any topic of your choice. There is also a Foreign Language Center and Spanish-Speaking Support Center.
For questions about JobNow, please visit the library, call 203.468.3890 or email Cynthia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out this Resume Writing Guide below from ResumeCoach, a platform where people of all ages, backgrounds and levels of experience can come to get expert advice and find professional guides to help them better understand how to create a winning resume to land the job they’ve always wanted.
This guide, published by the Connecticut Department of Labor, contains articles on choosing a career, getting the most out of career fairs, Connecticut’s Career Pathways Initiative, and programs and resources that are available to help you with job and career decisions. Information is included on over 270 occupations in the State with:
- narrative descriptions
- number employed
- annual job openings
- salary information
- training required
- education and training sites
- basic skills looked for by employers
As a career resource, Glassdoor is far more than just a job board. You can access millions of job listings, plus a growing database of company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, benefits reviews, office photos, and more. Click here to access this great resource for job seekers!
Check Out Our New Resource: MyJobHelper.com!
TrustPilot.com ranks MyJobHelper.com as one of the top 10 highest rated career sites in the country with over 4,000,000 jobs available in the U.S. . Many of these jobs are exclusively posted with MyJobHelper.com, and include employment opportunities from Google, Apple, Starbucks and many other companies.
MyJobHelper.com features the following resources:
- MyJobHelper.com – http://www.myjobhelper.com
- Search and apply for jobs from thousands of companies throughout the U.S.
- The MyJobHelper Blog – http://blog.myjobhelper.com
- Features job search advice, resume writing tips, career building information and interview preparation suggestions.
- MyJobHelper’s Research and Tips Page – http://myjobhelper.com/research-and-tips.php
- Features a growing collection of whitepapers, infographics, aggregated job opening data and slide decks.
- MyJobHelper’s Resource Page – http://myjobhelper.com/resources.php
- Features some third-party resources from around the web.
– Tips for pursuing a graduate MSW or DSW program while working
– A list of the top educational programs calculated with the ROI against a student’s degree
This guide offers information and resources for students and recent graduates who are beginning to submit applications for their professional and academic futures. This guide is put out by Maryville University-an online degree program.
PAGE IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION